Today I finished up the little owl pillows for the nieces! They turned out pretty good. They are far from perfect, but I've forced the perfectionist inside of me to let it go rather than unstitching and restitching every seam on the little buggers. Besides, the reality is anyone under 12 isn't going to notice the imperfect stitching and and flaws on the pillows. I took lots of pictures of the process so I'll just give you a little project summary.....
First, I made a rough pattern of the pillow based on the pictures I found online.
Second, I convinced Greg to go to the fabric store with me and got 12" of the yellow, 8" of the brown polka dots, and 6" each of the pink and colorful oval fabrics. I grabbed a few sheets of felt and hit the check out. Upon exiting the store I realized I had forgot stuffing so back in I went and Greg waited in the car.

Third, I cut out all the little parts from the rough patterns I made.
Fourth, I sewed together the front panels and assembled and attached the back pockets.
Fifth, I cut out the eye and nose pieces from the felt sheets. Then I attached them to the front of panel of the pillow.
Sixth, I turned the panels right side together and sewed them up leaving a 2-3" opening at the bottom. Then I stuffed the little guys using the handy dandy free with purchase stuffing tool.
Finally, I cut out some little feet for the owls, pinned them in place at the bottom and sewed up the bottom section.
Voila! You have some cute little owl pillows!
I picked up some little pieces of jewelry at the dollar store to put in the pockets because what little girl doesn't like sparkly bracelets and rings? I hope Amelia and Lucy like them!
2 comments:
WAY CUTE!!! (does hyrum get max the owl? j/k) Hope you have a great time visiting your family in Idaho!
so cute! nice job!
Post a Comment