Thursday, June 24

Ice Cream Sandwiches

As of Monday it is now officially summer! Even though it's felt like summer since May, to celebrate the real start of summer I made ice cream sandwiches. Besides, Greg and I will make any excuse to have some ice cream. My mom made these a couple times growing up, but I hadn't ever made them before so I figured it was worth a shot. They turned out great. They were the perfect treat for a hot day.

Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
makes about a dozen sandwiches

3/4 c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c cocoa powder, heaping
1 c flour

1. Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Mix in salt, baking soda, cocoa powder and flour. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
2. Scoop out onto greased cookie sheet and smoosh slightly. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
3. When cookies are cool sandwich cookies with the ice cream flavor of your choice. You can eat right away, or freeze for later.

1 comment:

amanda said...

yuuuuuuuum. and i totally would like a bra purse.