Well I got the aforementioned job! I spoke with the Ashli, the mom, today and I've got a start date of August 9th! We're going to Skype later this week so I'll get to meet her husband and daughter and we'll be set to go!
This can be added to the list of things that have happened because God loves me and wants me to be happy (or as the new joke around here goes, God loves Greg and wants him to be happy, thus He makes me happy). Things haven't turned out exactly how we planned so I think this is Gods way of saying we're supposed to be moving to Virginia and things will work out there for us even though it's not what we planned for.
Getting a job this early means that I don't have to stress for the next month and a half about finding a job (even though I'll probably find something else to stress about...).
Another reason this is a huge blessing is because getting a job offer before we move out there means that we have a better shot at getting in-state tuition for the 2nd and 3rd years which could mean a savings of $30,000+ (!!!!).
Also, even though this job doesn't have benefits (health insurance) it offers the option of an extra 8-10 hours per week which means an additional $400+ per month. This is HUGE on top of the already competitive pay. Basically it means we won't be destitute and we'll be able to pay rent and live comfortably.
{Insert big sigh of relief.}
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
1 comment:
HOORAY!!!! I'm SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU!!! YOU"RE AMAZING! That's all. I would call and tell you this all, but it's after 11 in your neck of the woods, and unlike one boy that I know, I think y'all go to bed.
Post a Comment