So my last post on finding a job in Virginia was a little less than positive, but I assure you this one will be significantly more upbeat.
So I applied for a nanny job yesterday and so far it's going really well. I got the job posting from a list service that Greg registered for when he was out east a few years ago.
Here's the skinny on the job....
-the family has 3 year old girl and having a new baby in September
-40 hours/week at $15/hour with extra hours available
-Within 15 minutes of our apt and GMU
-Not LDS family, but their current nanny is LDS
-Offers 9 paid holidays and 10 paid days off
So since I can't really meet them face-to-face until I get there in August, she said that she'd be happy with a Skype meeting so I guess I'm in the market for a web camera. I was worried me being across the country would be a problem, but I guess not.
Anyway it looks like a good job and fits what I'm looking for. It will pay the bills and I can still wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers everyday. :-) Hopefully if it's as good as it seems everything will work out and maybe I'll have a job come August.
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
2 comments:
NICE! I love it.
Nice! But... see if you can talk to their current nanny... see what she says/why she's leaving... this could be good :)
Post a Comment