You know what is not fun. Job hunting.
I've been trying to make myself work on finding jobs out in Virginia, but every time I start looking I get overwhelmed, feel like I can't do it, don't know what to look for, give up and feel cruddy about myself. I don't know exactly what kind of job I want or what I'm qualified for. I don't feel very employable. I love my current job, but it just isn't much of a resume show stopper. I don't really have much work experience to speak of, just a college degree. That counts for something, right? I'm just not sure. Most of the position I've looked at ask for 2+ years of experience. Well how I'm I supposed to get experience if everyone will only hire an experienced person?
I guess I should have been more diligent in getting an internship or some sort of experience while at BYU. It just didn't seem like it was that important at the time. I didn't expect to be moving across the country and needing to work full time at a "real" job to pay for ridiculously high living costs. I know the fault is mine for being unprepared.
Hopefully something will work out, otherwise you'll find me flipping burgers at MacDonalds for $7.25/hour and we'll be needing to take out additional student loans to pay for living expenses. What's another $10,000/year in student loans?
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
1 comment:
boo! good luck...you're definitely qualified for more than burger flipping!
Post a Comment