Sunday, June 20

My New Favorite Pancakes

I found this recipe on a site that has a number of copy cat recipes of restaurant favorites. I saw this one and at once craved some pancakes so the next morning we pulled down the griddle and had pancakes! This one is supposedly like IHOP's pancakes but I don't think I've ever been to IHOP so I can't comment on it's likeness. That being said, I think they were delicious! So light, tender and they come together in minutes. Yum! I hope you enjoy them....also if you want a real treat, try the buttermilk syrup posted below with them. Greg introduced me to it when we were dating and it reigns supreme amongst all other syrups.

IHOP Pancakes
1 1/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 heaping tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 egg
1/4 c canola/vegetable oil
1 1/4 c buttermilk (or mix 1 1/4 c milk + 1tsp lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes)

Whisk it all together until lumps are gone. Laddle by 1/4 c onto hot griddle and cook like you would any other pancake. Makes about 12 pancakes.

Buttermilk Syrup
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1/2 buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Bring sugar, buttermilk, and butter to a boil in saucepan. Remove from heat and add soda and vanilla. Stir. Serve immediately on pancakes, waffles, crepes, etc.

1 comment:

Katya said...

oh my yum! totally have the same buttermilk pancake recipe, and i will testify to its deliciousness!