Tuesday, July 6

4th of July Weekend


To start off I must say I just love this little girl! I hope our kids are even half as cute as Lucy and Amelia!

I'm somewhat saddened to say that we're back in Provo and to our normal routine. We had a wonderful weekend, the kind you never want to end. We had such a nice visit with Grandpa and Marie as well as James, Mandy, Amelia and Lucy. The weather was great, our travels went smoothly and everything was nothing less than ideal.

On Friday we drove up to Idaho after Greg and I got off work. Thankfully we both got done with work by 2pm so we were able to get out of town before too much traffic set in. We had a nice 4 hour drive north to Firth where my grandparents live. We arrived around 6pm had a nice dinner then visited and played games with my grandparents the rest of the evening. After such hot weather in Provo it was a welcome change to be cold in Firth. At night time we opened the window and actually had to use a blanket or two to keep warm.

Saturday morning we left Firth early morning for Rexburg where we met up with James, Mandy, Amelia and Lucy for the Rexburg 4th of July Parade. It wasn't anything too spectacular, but there were some cute floats and groups that were involved. My personal favorite was the Cream of Weber truck that handed out chocolate milk to all on the side of the road. Amelia had lots of fun gathering candy that was thrown into the crowds. By the end of the parade she had both hands full of goodies. After the parade we went and took at look at James and Mandy's new apartment. I gave the girls their owl pillows and they were a hit. Amelia especially liked the stickers, bracelets, rings and hair ties. Lucy mainly liked to eat the owl pillow. :-)





We hung out there for a bit while Lucy napped then headed out to see Toy Story 3. Greg and I both found it strange that at the movie theater there was no one standing at the door to the theater to check that you actually purchased a ticket. Little towns are the best! The movie was really funny and we all really enjoyed it. Later that evening we had a quick dinner and then when the kiddies went to bed Greg and I went to watch fireworks up by the Rexburg temple. Since it's the highest point of the town we had a pretty good view of a few towns firework shows. We slept over at James and Mandy's so we wouldn't have to make the trip back to Firth late that night.

Sunday morning we got up early and headed to church. Their ward was really friendly and noisy. Their ward is full of babies and toddlers so it's quite an active bunch. After the church meetings we headed back to James and Mandy's for the afternoon.







Greg and I made some dinner then we played some games and we headed back to Idaho where the real beds were. After one night on a air mattress at James and Mandy's we were ready for a bed again. On our drive back to Firth we stopped in Idaho Falls and walked around the temple. It was a gorgeous evening and the temple was just beautiful next to the river. They even have a nice little visitor center that was open and busy.



Monday turned out to be a beautiful day. The weather was a little warmer than the previous days but it was still very windy. James and his crew drove to Firth in the late morning and we had a nice visit and quick lunch. Some of my cousin's kids came to play and it was cute to watch the kids play together. We also did the obligatory walk out and looked at the cows by the river. You just can't visit the farm without visiting the cows!





After a few hours James and family left, then Greg and I decided we should probably hit the road. Driving back up the lane from my grandparents was a little sad as I have no idea when I'll be back again. I have so many fond memories of summers at my grandparents, it nearly made me cry to think of never being there again. I guess being separated from family is just part of growing up. I sure hope that my grandparents will be around for a good while and I can get in another visit sometime in the next few years.

Well that pretty much sums up our trip! We made it back home in pretty good time and all was well on the home front. We headed back to work today and we're back to our normal schedule. This week I've got to get Jeepy ready to sell and start some preliminary packing for the move. The move is very quickly approaching, and I know if I don't get organized soon I'll be one stressed mess at the end of July. I can't believe we're less than one month from our move to Virginia. Oh, how time flies.

1 comment:

Emily Claire said...

Can I just say that I am so jealous! I hope Eric and my trip to Idaho will be as nice as yours was! It'll be shorter, but with the same basic principles.