In Loving Memory May 2008 - July 2010
Today I said goodbye to a dear friend of over 2 years. After a very stressful hour or so of trying to appease and juggle a couple of prospective buyers a deal was sealed and tonight my Jeepy is sleeping in a new driveway....kind of. I sold it to my neighbor whose driveway is right next to mine and separated by nothing, so really Jeepy just moved to the left 15 feet. Among other things, I shall miss his powerful engine, excellent visibility and fabulously tight turning radius.
We were truly blessed to be able to sell Jeepy relatively quickly, for top dollar (which is sadly only a little more than one month of rent in our VA apt...) and just at the perfect time. With just two weeks until we leave Provo, this was a really convenient time to sell. We were getting worried we may not sell it in time, but it all worked out.
Now Greg, the good man he is, understands it was not easy for me to give up my baby, so he promised that we could replace Jeepy someday. While no vehicle can take the place of my first car, in time I may find space in my heart for a newer, safer, quieter, cleaner and shinier Jeep.
So as of now this is what I'm thinking.....
In a few years I'd like to get a Jeep Cherokee Stroller....

And then in a decade (or three) when we have a decent income, law school debts are paid and we need to get a new vehicle maybe we'll go for a real Jeep Cherokee.

4 comments:
You have been a very brave girl! It is nice that you will have two weeks to have Jeepy as a neighbor before you leave! And...who knew there was such a thing as a Jeep Stroller. Go figure!
I'm sorry you had to sell jeepy..but I love the stroller idea :) Well, you never konw. Maybe they'll call you back and want to return the car. did I ever tell you that story??
sad day. jeepy has been a great car and companion for you. :( alas.
How sad! I loved Jeepy, too. You're not the only one who will miss Jeepy... ;)
Post a Comment