Tuesday, July 13

Jam, Jam, Jam



Today I spent my morning making jam! Strawberries and peaches were super cheap last week so I decided to try a strawberry-peach jam. We have gone through most of the last batch of strawberry jam and I was glad to get a batch done before we leave UT. I have a feeling that when I'm working 40-50 hour work weeks the idea of making jam won't be so appealing. After seeing how quickly we went through the last batch of jam, I think I need to upgrade to larger jars and multiple batches in the future. Who knew we'd go through it so fast!

While this is only my second solo canning batch I think my favorite part of the whole process is when all the jars pop and the lids seal. There's nothing as satisfying as knowing that you didn't mess up! Hurray for domesticity! :-)

2 comments:

amanda said...

huzzah! man...I want to make jam when I get home.

Melanie said...

You are a domestic goddess! Strawberry peach sounds yummy...is it? Also, one cannot underappreciate the beautiful sound of lids popping. It is amazing (as Emily would say) and magical (as Rachel would say).