Today, about a month shy of our 1 year wedding anniversary, I finally changed my name with the Social Security Administration. I am now legally Kristen Zimmerman Skidmore.
I think I'd be sad if I was completely shedding myself of the Zimmerman name, but I'm quite content with the Zimmerman Skidmore on the end of my first name.
Hopefully Greg didn't take the lengthy delay as commitment shirking. :-)
I think I'd be sad if I was completely shedding myself of the Zimmerman name, but I'm quite content with the Zimmerman Skidmore on the end of my first name.
Hopefully Greg didn't take the lengthy delay as commitment shirking. :-)
2 comments:
I won't lie, I've never really been jealous of your lack of a middle name, till now. Now, as I think about contemplating losing the Zimmerman... it makes me really sad, so I think I'll keep it as a second middle name, even though Emily Clarie Zimmerman (insert his last name here) is a really long name.
I'm proud of you for making the whole commitment to Greg :)
Emily, totally keep the middle name. I now have four names and I'm proud of it. It is hard for the priesthood holder to remember them all when he's setting me apart though!! (The only drawback, as far as I'm concerned.)
Kbob, congrats. Glad you got that taken care of before moving. Such a nice-sounding name.
Post a Comment