These past few days I've felt like a 3000 lbs walrus. See the resemblance? I sure do.

Up until this point in my pregnancy I've felt really great in the body image department. I was comfortable with my weight gain and was even excited about it because it was an outward sign of Baby Bob's growth. I've been concerned about loosing the weight post baby, but figured I'd deal with that when I got there.
However, when I met my doctor last week for the first time (I've been seeing his NP) he told me in his very thick, almost incomprehensible, South African accent that I had gained a bit much weight since my last appointment. Oops. He then proceeded to tell me that I needed to not eat too many cakes and cookies. Oops again. So naturally what I hear when he says all this is "YOU ARE A FATTY." Maybe I'm overly sensitive, or quite possibly I'm just a hormonal pregnant woman with a guilty conscience about all the cookies I've been consuming lately. Either way, I've been feeling crummy about it all week.
So I'm really glad that I'm changing doctors, because I don't really want to face him again (even though this is all my head). I'm switching to my 3rd and final prenantal care provider next week and I'm quite excited about the change. Since Greg is amazing and got a job with excellent benefits I can now go to a midwife, which is really what I've wanted all along. Hopefully she, as a woman who has been here, is a little more sensitive to the emotions of a hormonal pregnant woman and if needed, will broach the topic of excessive weight gain in a more delicate manner.
I think I need to go listen to my Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations CD from my Hypnobabies childbirth class. Want to join me? Take a deep breath, cue some relaxing music and away we go.....
I love my pregnant body and accept it everyday.
My body is nourishing my healthy baby.
My body is healthy and whole.
I love and accept my body completely.
Growing my baby is empowering for me.
My changing body is radiantly beautiful.
I accept all of the changes that pregnancy brings to me.
With everyday that goes by I feel more and more comfortable with my body.
Again, I love my pregnant body and accept it everyday.
3 comments:
Dear Kristen:
I do not think you are a walrus, I also do not think that Greg thinks you are one either... Maybe you should think of yourself as a hippo-- a baby pygmy hippo that is the most adorable animal ever (according to MSN.com). Because I think you're an adorable creature! Especially since (cue relaxing music) your body is a beautiful, safe nourishing place for your growing baby...
Also, if Rachel is a platypus, and you are a walrus, what does that make mom and dad? Very strange...
I think you are radiantly beautiful too! And you glow and are so crafty that you make babies! Keep listening to your hypno-baby CD's and believe it! And for the record, I did NOT give birth to a platypus or a walrus...just beautiful girls!
I commented to Spencer after cherry blossoms the other night that you still look tiny!
Post a Comment