I'm down to my last 2 weeks of work and I'm so ready to be done. I've had a great pregnancy, but getting to the end it's getting harder to move and keep up with the kids. Bending down to pick something (or someone) up is not so easy when you've got a basketball sized belly. The other day Kate wanted to do some somersaults and I told her I didn't think it was possible for me at this time. She looked at me and gave me a "why not?" expression. Yeah. No somersaults for me.
So I'm done in two weeks but I'm considering going back in the fall. I was just going to be done come May, but my work family is having a really hard time finding someone to take my place long term so the discussion has begun. I have such mixed feelings about it. One minute I love the idea. The next minute the thought makes me want to cry. A lot of things would be different if I go back in the fall mainly, greatly reduced hours and I'd be bringing baby with me. I was so looking forward to my freedom from work, I was going to be a domestic goddess. I could see it all so clearly....an immaculate house, homemade bread, tasty and balanced meals, a cloth diapered baby boy, sewing, naps with baby boy, quilting, crafting, playdates, couponing, exercising....or something like that. But if I go back to work, much of that goes out the window. We have to keep up the exhausting pace we've been running at for the past 2 years with the addition of a baby who needs me 24/7.
But in many ways it could be a great opportunity for us. Greg's job is great, it gets us awesome benefits, great work experience and Greg is really happy there. However, we still have 2 years of law school left and a nice hunk of students loans quietly accruing interest. If I keep working we can cap our debt acquisition and can start to pay off what we've borrowed the past 2 years. And my work family is really good to me. They are an invaluable resource in so many ways, so keeping connected with them has many benefits outside of a weekly paycheck.
Basically I don't know. And we won't know for a couple months if it's going to work out. So we wait. And I get to stew over the uncertainty of the fall. Oh joy.
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
1 comment:
Decisions, decisions! I hate it when there are choices that have to be made and things are not cut and dried!
Good luck...but for now you just need to take care of yourself and Bob =) Definitely NO summersaults!
Post a Comment