Yesterday the new nanny came. It's so hard to see yourself replaced. To see your place filled, so seemingly easily. To seem someone walk in the front door and take over. To see someone take over caring for the children that have been yours for almost 2 years. It's hard to let go, to step back and allow someone else to take over. It's harder than I anticipated. Way harder.
Everything after today feels like an open void. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do come Monday. I have to take Greg to the metro in the morning and pick him up at the end of the day but in between I have nothing. No commitments. No requirements. No one needs me. No preschool pick up. No lunch time rush. No diaper changes. No playgroups. No pre-nap time reading and snuggles. No happy giggles. No afternoon park trips. No hugs and cuddles. Just me.
4 comments:
Me thinks you ought to enjoy it... 2 1/2 weeks till Mom gets there, and then shortly after that you'll BE A MOM!!!(For the next 80 years). Sleep in, catch up on netflix/hulu. Decide which soap-opera you're going to watch. Get your Visiting Teaching done for the month... nag your sister to finish your baby blanket... The possibilites are endless! (But I understand the heartache-- I have forever etched on my mind the image of Eleanore and Lillian sobbing against the airport glass when I left.)
I was going to say the same thing as Emily. ENJOY IT! This will probably be the only time in a LONG time you will ever be in this situation. Just relax! Good luck with everything, Kristen! I'm so excited for you!!
Oh that is hard! But way to reach the end. And hey! We are in the sameish situation. I drive Dave to work and pick him up...then I've got nothing! It is hard but I've come to realize it depends on your attitude!!
If you find you have some time, can you post about the cute crafts in the baby's room?
I'm excited for you, lady. Do you want to have a post-finals get together?
Post a Comment