+
+
=
If the above pictures didn't say enough here is a little explanation....
So we were all headed to the park to enjoy a little outside time before the heat of the day set in (what's up with 80+ degrees in March!?!?) and I took my little entourage up to the brand new sparkling marble palace master bathroom to find some sunscreen. I grabbed the sun screen out of the cabinet, turned around and there was Charlie pulling down a big plastic bin full of his mom's nail polish off the bathroom counter. I reached toward him to catch it since I knew he wasn't prepared for the weight of it. Then in slow motion I watched the bin crash onto the ground and the bottles of nail polish cascade across the floor. Then I saw it, one of the bottles had broken. A single bottle of dark brown nail polish was splattered across the floor. The brand new white marble floor, made up of thousands of tiny tiles and miles of pristine white grout lines. I panicked.
Charlie went strait into his crib so he couldn't get into more trouble and I called my boss to ask her what I should use on the floors to get it out. 30 minutes of scrubbing and a bottle of nail polish remover later the floor was mostly polish free, with only traces to be found in the grout lines. Bless her heart, my boss lightheartedly laughed off the incident saying that it was a good thing the polish was brown instead of bright red and she wanted to put a rug there anyway. Thank goodness for an understanding and good humored boss.
After a day like Friday I'm incredibly grateful that I've been summoned for jury duty tomorrow. I'm quite looking forward to a quiet and uneventful day of sitting, waiting and answering a couple questions.
2 comments:
Oh man, looking forward to jury duty? Must've been a bad day! I'm glad the nail polish remover took it off!
Did you ever make it to the park? I think a rug is a perfect solution to brown grout stains =) Thank goodness for a sensible boss!
Post a Comment