Sunday, March 18

What About Bob? {30 Weeks}

This is how I look these days....

 And this is how I feel....

Ok. That was an exaggeration. I really feel pretty good. Don't get me wrong I have days where no clothes fit, it's hard to get up and I just feel like a fat blob, but overall I have very few pregnancy complaints. I am truly grateful for, as my medical charts call it, an uneventful pregnancy and am hoping that the trend continues with an uneventful birth.

We've gotten a little more work done on the nursery nook the past few weeks. It's even starting to look more like an inhabitable nursery and less like a storage space.



What's that under the crib you ask...well since we were working with a very narrow space I carefully measured the space and ordered this crib specifically because the dimensions were just small enough to fit. But then it arrived and we assembled it....it didn't fit. The dimensions listed online didn't account for the additional width from the bolt heads so it would sit on top of the baseboards, but not fit down between them. Oops. Luckily I have a father who has "The Knack", so I called him with the problem and shortly thereafter had an email in my inbox  with a cheap, easy and simple fix for our problem. Hurray!

 Now I just need to get my rear in gear and make poms and a pennant banner, make a couple of these storage bins, order mattress/mattress pad, make sheets and crib skirt, buy a lamp and organize all the baby things. So much to do in the next couple months!

Oh yeah so What About Bob?? Bob is what we call our little boy right now. When I told the little girl I nanny that I was having a baby boy, Bob was the name she and I came up with for him. This last week she was slightly distraught when I told her that we wouldn't be calling him Bob after he was born. We just might end up calling him Bob anyway though because we (well mostly me) can't seem to settle on a real name for this kid....

3 comments:

amanda said...

Cute! Both you and the nook :). I'm jealous.

Melanie said...

The nursery looks great! You did a great job on the stand for the crib. I like the cube shelf. What are you putting in it? Clothes or just stuff? You are looking preggers...do you waddle?

Would that be Bob or Bobbert?

Meghan and Randy said...

You are looking fabulous! I love the litle nook- very creative! Surprisingly, we got our crib mattress from Walmart for around $30 and it's awesome. I don't know if that's a normal price but everyone we knew at the time was shelling out money for a lot more. Also, buy deep sheets if you can- they wrap around the mattress so deep, you won't have to worry about the sheet unraveling in the middle of the night. Ah you didn't ask for any advice! You look great!