Sunday, March 27

The Petri Dish


This week at work the kids were sick. Again

Kate has pink eye, croup and an ear infection. Charlie has pink eye and a cold. Have there ever been two kids that are sick more often? I think not. 

I've taken to showering when I get home because I feel so germy after being coughed on and wiping noses all day. I've washed my hands so many times over the last few days that my knuckles are cracking and bleeding. If I don't get sick it will be a miracle. 

My boss was out of town for a couple days so the dad and I had to take the kids to the pediatrician. They thought I was his wife. I'm half his age. Shudder.  They asked if I was still breast feeding Charlie and called me "momma". Freaky

Some days I wonder what a normal desk job would be like.....

2 comments:

rachel teressa said...

Ew. I'm sorry - its true though! The only times I've been sick the whole school year was when i came into contact with children!

amanda said...

That is gross! I hope you have all your vaccines!! I am sorry about your hands.

Ha ha...not rich, but Costco has a log of goat cheese for five bucks ( I would not pay that much for "normal" cheese, but that seems good for goat cheese) and western family does the rest! Have you been to trader joes? I think they were reasonable. But yeah, I hate grocery shopping on the coasts!!

Xo