Over the month or so my kiddos have been really sick twice. The first time I got off fairly easy with just 24 hours of a fever and chills. This time I thought I had made it through unharmed, when Friday I came down with a cold. It's one of those sinus colds where you're just drowsy with a stuffy and runny nose. Not bad enough to totally incapacitate you, just enough to make you feel miserable as you go through your day. Yuck. I took Saturday off and I'm hoping that I'm improved tomorrow. I guess I got off easy this time too considering my three year old had ear infections, a respiratory infection and slight pnenomia and my little man has had a cold/cough for over a week. A friend of mine made a comment that I really hope is true - she said maybe by the time Greg and I have our own kids I'll be immune to all of the viruses that are getting me this time. I can only hope she's right. I'm so excited for spring/summer and the warmer weather they'll bring. Hurray for sunshine, warm weather, fresh air and hopefully 2 healthy kids (which equals 1 healthy me).
This week Greg has off for spring break. My oh my do I miss the scheduled and guaranteed breaks of academia. To celebrate spring break this weekend we're heading south to the Outer Banks Beaches of North Carolina! I'm taking Friday off which means only a four day 40 hour week for me (!!!!), and we'll spend a couples days and one night in a KOA cabin. It's not really camping, because our cabin has WiFi and electricity, but considering we're not really equipped for "real" camping it will be great. Besides I'm a big fan of running water and flushing toilets, so this "fake" camping is probably best.
After this weekend the next big light at the end of the tunnel in my calendar is visiting Washington in May. We're going for Greg's sister's wedding, but staying before and after the events to visit my family. I'm so excited! It'll be a year and a half since I've been home and I'm really glad we're going. There is nothing like going home. The only downer of going home is that from there Greg and I will part ways for the summer. Some days I feel just fine about it (not because I want to be rid of him), and other days I think we're crazy for doing it. Military wives manage separations that are far longer than 10 weeks and I'll have the benefit of knowing that he's safe and being taken care of by his family. I guess I don't have much to complain about.
Well I think I've rambled on long enough for one post. Life is fine. We work, sleep and try to do something meaningful and fun with what time we have off. We press on and dream of days when we don't work/go to school 60 hours a week. Our life isn't terribly exciting, but I guess we're working towards a better future. Until then, as Dory would say, we just keep swimming, swimming swimming.

3 comments:
Ummm not to mention your supa-awesome-sistahs are coming to DC! See more light at the end of the tunnel. Emily says get sunglasses!
my mother in law has a killer orange roll recipe. I'll send it to you. (but you don't have to use it (no kneading?!))
Love you! Just keep swimming! I'm glad you get to go home! if you find yourself in these parts, let me know so I can hug you for an hour. :)
I can't believe you're going to the outer banks! WHERE? I have some extreme jealousy right now!If it's fun we ought to go later this summer.
Post a Comment