Its a sad day when more than 50% of the clothes in your closet don't fit anymore. It's exciting that our little man is growing, but jeans that don't button and shirts that can't fit over your belly is a little hard to take some days. Kate, the 4 year old I watch likes to pick out outfits for me whenever she comes to our apartment and lately I've started crossing my fingers that she'll pick out an outfit I can actually fit into. My mom has picked me up a couple maternity shirts and I've bought a couple too, but really it's just been in the last few weeks that wearing them has become a necessity.
I got a couple nice (see the darker shirt on the right) Motherhood Maternity shirts with a gift card and I love them. They are long and cover my belly, but also have some ruching detail on the side seam so they appear a little less bag like and more cute. I've also gotten 4 cheap shirts for under $5/piece from Old Navy (see the pink one on the left). They're a little more bag like but they do the trick.
One day when I was wearing the nicer Motherhood shirt I realized that the main thing that makes me like them better is that they have a piece of elastic sewn into the sides. If stretch it out then magically the shirt is transformed into the Old Navy shirts I have. Then a lightbulb came on. Why not just sew some elastic into the Old Navy shirts? So that's what I did yesterday evening and here is the final result. I think for the next Old Navy shirt I overhaul I'll make the elastic piece a little shorter so that I get more ruching effect.
And if you're interested (probably only my family) here are some pictures of the evolution of my bump over the last months.
December 7th - 16 weeks
December 19th - 18 weeks
January 8th - 21 weeks
January 29th - 24 weeks
6 comments:
Nice job. I tried a few of the mm ones on but just bought some jeans. Also I am really jealous. You have a cute bump at 21! I was aaaalmost there. :)
Kristen, you're so sensy. Congrats on the baby bump (go harry! and being crafty! love you!
Wahoo for pictures! You might still be able to wear your jeans with either a rubber band (to stretch around the button) or a bella band. They are a little pricey but I bet you could actually just figure out how to make one! Over halfway!
What a beautiful baby bump! Harry is growing =)
I just noticed your 'harry is the size of a papaya' ticker at the bottom... you are adorable and crafty. You make shirts cuter, and little people (though we'll have to wait to see exactly HOW cute harry turns out to be) Have you considered really naming him Harry? It's kind of grown on me... :)
i care about your bump evolution! so cute! and i like your old navy fix!
Post a Comment