
I just might never buy canned refried beans again. This way is tastier, cheaper and healthier. I love it! All you need is a crock pot, a $1 bag of beans, seasonings, and water to make 3 cans worth of refried beans. Use what you need at the time and freeze the extras. I think I need a bigger freezer....
Made a couple batches of these last week to curb my never ending desire for snacks. They have tons of good stuff in them to make them hearty with just enough 'bad' stuff (sugar and oil) to make them tasty.
I've made this probably half a dozen times in the last month or so. It's so fast and easy and I'm a sucker for pasta smothered in cheesy goodness. To make it healthier I usually use whole wheat pasta and add some vegetables to it like peas or broccoli.
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Grandma Marie
I really need to post this cookie recipe (and a real picture). It's my go-to cookie. They're chewy and delicious and freeze great for lunches....if I don't eat them all before Greg can take them for lunches.
Had these this morning, made with freshly ground whole wheat flour. We got a mill for Christmas from Greg's parents and I love being able to make so many things out of whole wheat!
Fuji Apples
Since I'm feeding someone else as well as myself I've been trying to eat healthier. Not radically healthier, as apparent by the above foods, but little changes. Eating more fruit being one of them. I've started biting the bullet and paying the ridiculously high fruit prices so that I can enjoy a beautiful Fuji apple everyday. Yum.
What have you been munching on lately?





4 comments:
that bean dip looks good!!
I've been munching on whole unpeeled carrots. (I was at work when I realized there wasn't a peeler so I ate it with the peel on.) Actually pretty tasty :)
I made Morning Glory Muffins last week and froze the batch! They are so yummy- I pull them out and pop em in the microwave and eat them on the run.
Today I made pizza, lettuce wrap stuffing (I FORGOT the lettuce) and hum bao (except the recipe calls it char sui bao) that were 10 x better than the ones I made over Christmas :)
Besides that I'm eating lots of oranges and PB and J.
Domestic Goddess on the loose =) The Mud sounds fabulous...flavorful. I will have to try the muffins, they sound wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration =)
I made those refried beans last night and they were totally delicous! And easy! And cheap! win win win! I've been meaning to try that mac and cheese forever, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Those oatmeal cookies also sound amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment