I've been meaning to write a follow up post on James, but it just hasn't come to me and maybe it won't. One month ago today James died so today even though I can't find the right words I want to post something to remember him.
If only James knew how much he is loved.
If only we could have seen his pain and struggles
and helped him carry his burdens.
If only he saw what a void his absence would create
and how much he had to live for.
If only he saw himself as we all see him.
If only he believed he was a good man, an imperfect
yet loved child of God.
If only we could rewind time and somehow change
the events of December 1st.



3 comments:
I guess I don't know what to say but I liked this post (how sweet your words are) and I hope time has helped some. Let me know when you are free this week. We should talk.
Thank you Kristen, this is a nice post. Thanks for sharing. I was noce to be able to draw together and strengthen each other in this tragedy. As you said: "If only..." Love Dad
i've been meaning to write a post like this, too, but it's so hard, isn't it? love you kbob. this is a beautiful post.
Post a Comment