Last night I was surfing craft/design blogs and found a couple tutorials (including this one) on making your own slipcovers . Now that we're back in the swing of work and school I again have evenings that must be filled while Greg studies so making a slipcover sounded like a fun idea. So I went searching for an arm chair....
check out what I found!
Ain't she a beauty? Gold velveteen with green piping. I bought it from some nice old British man who was downsizing. It's from the 70s (the date on the bottom is 1969), but the cushions and upholstery are in good shape. It's not too large, the back is tall and best of all, it rocks and swivels.
So early next week I'm headed to Joanns to pick up some fabric and get this project started. I'm thinking a solid color so I don't have to worry about pattern matching, but beyond that I'm stuck. Tan? Blue? Green? What do you all think?
Maybe if I can actually get this one done then someday I'll get around to my other projects like the headboard, painting and nightstand....
3 comments:
Orange would look nice.
blue would be a beautiful color!
Post a Comment