Sunday, August 21

Disappointments

So we didn't get instate tuition. We got rejected. All the work, worry and waiting was for nothing. Did they even tell us why? No. They just gave us a form rejection email saying that we don't meet the criteria. When Greg called and told me Friday morning it felt like my heart sunk to the ground. It made me sick to my stomach. We had a lot riding on that big tuition break and now it's not in our reach. It's so frustrating. I was quite hopeful that it would come through and now I just feel smashed. Sometimes I feel like I should start living by the saying expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. That sure sounds better than riding the roller coaster up then plummeting to the ground. 

For now I guess I'll try to accept things as they are and move on. While our life feels a giant pile of dog poop right now, when I'm in a more reasonable mood I know that it's not. Greg and I have each other. We have both have great families. I have a good job and after living with my work family for 2 weeks I can say I work for the nicest people. We have some great friends, in Virginia and elsewhere. We have a nice apartment. We have a car with a new transmission that works. We have good health. We have the money to pay our bills and meet the necessities of life. We really don't have it that bad. So I need to get over it. I need to move on and accept the ramifications of not getting the tuition break. 

Oh and I have to leave California tomorrow. We were supposed to stay another week but my boss' hubby has a nasty MRSA infection going on and so my boss needs to be there to take care of him. I suggested she leaves me here for a couple more weeks, but I just got the email with our flight info so I'm guess she decided to take me back with her. Back to Virginia we all go. No more beach, perfect weather and lax work schedule. Back to reality. Back to commuting in nasty traffic. Back to heat and humidity. Back to long days. Back to a crazy work environment due to construction. I'm super excited. Not. The only great thing about going home is Greg. I actually get to live with my husband for the first time in months. That will be nice, although it will be an adjustment for both of us coming off this crazy summer. 

So that's my life right now, how's yours?

7 comments:

Jet said...

I'm so sorry Kristen! Being in Greg's arms will hopefully relieve some of the pain! We can't WAIT to get to see you guys!!

Stephanie said...

I'm really sorry Kristen!! I wish I could do something to help.

Anne Flade said...

Kristen! Let me know if you need someone to talk to. Hang in there!

amanda said...

Rude!!! I'm so sorry about the tuition and havIng tO leave California!! I hope things get better inthe fall when you and Greg are together again!

Samuel Price said...

Just eat an otter pop and look at some cute fluffy animals and you will feel better.

Emily said...

Isn't the most exhilarating part of the roller coaster the plummet down? That's what leaves you with all the butterflies!
Sorry that it didn't work out! Something else will!

rachel teressa said...

I love your guts Kristen! And i know you don't like furry blobs, but Samuel's advice is pretty reasonable :)