Sunday, July 17

Baby Quilt for M

Don't you hate it when make something really awesome for someone but can't post about it until you actually give it to them? Well lucky for you all I have gifted a couple fun projects the past few days so now I get to do some show and tell!

This quilt was for my friend M and her baby boy who will be arriving in August. When I first met her and her husband last fall I remember telling Greg that M looked like a person I wanted to be friends with. I was so right. I so glad we've got to get to know each other the past months and I've really enjoyed her friendship at church. She  is just so cute, and even more so with her belly! Lest you think I choose friends based only on looks, she's also funny, friendly and very easy to talk to. She and her hubby are moving out of the ward to bigger, better and cheaper housing (who could blame them?) and I'm really going to miss seeing them at church. Hopefully we'll still get to see them and their baby boy regularly!




I did a disappearing nine patch pattern made from a couple charm packs from Joanns. I finished it off with a soft minky back and silky edges. For fun I made a matching taggie square that had crinkly cellophane in the middle and different ribbons around the outside. It was a really fun and easy quilt! I'm excited to start on another one sometime soon! 

3 comments:

amanda said...

haha, I do hate that! also...AMAZING!!! you are soo talented

Katya said...

ahhh that quilt is so beautiful! you are so talented!

Mary and Jordan said...

yes that quilt is so amazing and you are soooo talented! and i am so glad we are friends too! I can't wait to have you and greg over to meet our new little guy!!! thanks again!!