I found this recipe for Amish Baked Oatmeal last night and it looked so good I had to try it so we had it for breakfast this morning. It was really yummy! Way better than the packets of oatmeal. I added some frozen blueberries this time, but I think that raisins, apples or some other fruit would be yummy too.
Amish Baked Oatmeal
from RecipeZaar.com
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon and/or nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup + 1 TBSP milk
3 cups oatmeal (regular or quick)
Blueberries, raisins, apples, etc. (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350, grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish and set aside.
2. Beat eggs in bowl. Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk together until there are no lumps.
3. Whisk in melted butter and milk. Then add oats and optional fruit. Stir well.
4. Pour into baking dish, cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes, or until center is set.
6. Serve hot with milk poured over.
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
1 comment:
love that pan. and hmm, i don't like oatmeal but i like granola bars so this looks pretty good. because it's oatmeal and not actually granola bars? sure. :)
Post a Comment