I unexpectedly have the day off today. This is the first time in my almost three years with the D family that they have called and said I better stay home. It must be real bad because I have gone to work when the kids have strep, pink eye, croup, stomach flu, nasty coughs, every imaginable type of cold and that fun week when both kids had high fevers. Whatever it is, it's bad. Now I'm just hoping that we didn't catch their germs when we were there on Friday.
My computer is dying a slow death. I've been without the tab key for a while now, and this weekend I lost the ctrl key. Opening a new application takes forever. It no longer is able to charge it's battery so dies immediately when unplugged. Sometimes it dies for no apparent reason. I dream of the day when we have the funds to buy a new computer.
William is a walking and talking machine. He can walk all over the apartment and pretty much only crawls if he falls down when walking. He has mastered going up and down our stairs and is starting to be more adventurous, going off on his own instead of staying right next to us. This weekend he started saying "mama". He doesn't call me mama, but just hearing him make the sounds melts my heart. He makes lots of fun sounds now, but it will be fun when he starts using actual words.
Greg is taking the summer off school. I'm so looking forward to having him home for dinner every night, not having to make late night runs to the law school and also, getting a little break from William duty in the evenings. Fall semester will be a beast, but it will most likely be his last, so somehow we'll make it through.
Greg and I went out on a date alone for the first time in forever on Saturday. I think I can count the times we've been out without William during the past year on one hand. Love the kid, but he's kind of getting to be a handful so something are just less enjoyable with him there. We tried out a new pizza place and it was to die for. Come visit us and we'll take you there. It will be worth the trip. Seriously.
What's new with you?
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
2 comments:
My old computer did the same thing with zero battery life. So frustrating! I hope it magically gets better or you get a sudden windfall soon.
I will come visit you and we will eat pizza. :)
yikes! I hope you guys don't get sick. um, yeah, sign me up for pizza!
and yeah, my computer, while not as bad as yours, is getting there. I haven't lot any keys but I really want a new one. My OS is too old for the current version of web browsers. WHAT?? but since both our computers are basically functional, we don't want to buy a new one either. I hope you can get a new one soon!
Post a Comment