Sometimes when I spend too much time on Pinterest I start getting really annoyed by others pinterest habits.
Like the people who don't edit the text of the item they are repinning. "My husband and 3 kids gobbled it up!" Really? I didn't know you were married. I really do want to know what you thought of this recipe/tip/project, so don't put an endorsement in there unless you've actually tried it.
Or the people who feel the need to pin dozens of pictures of men, usually half naked. How would you feel if your father/husband/boyfriend/guy-friend had a file of equitable pictures of women? Yeah, it's not cool for them, therefore it's not cool for you either.
Oh and those who feel they must repin everything on the entire web. Really, it is ok to just look at something without pinning it. More does not always equal better, sometimes its just more. If chances are you're never going to return to your boards to find that pin, then why are you even pinning it?
And finally, those who don't check the links before repinning. I understand that pages are removed and links change, but take the 3 seconds and check the link. Please don't send to me some random website in search of a pin.
But then again, it's just a website and people pin for their own sake, not mine. And it doesn't really matter anyway.
So I close my pinterest tab and go on with my life.
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
3 comments:
But seriously, all of this. Especially the first one...drives me mad!
Funny - I read this the same day Jeremy sent me this article - Being annoyed is better than being stressed :-)
http://www.today.com/moms/pinterest-stress-afflicts-nearly-half-moms-survey-says-1C9850275
YES. Oh my gosh, you just summed up all the things I hate about Pinterest in one post. The first one especially! UGH. Also, this bugs me: "Pin now, read later!" You're so busy pinning things like crazy that you don't possibly have time to actually look at the link and read it?!
Post a Comment