Monday, September 3

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Saturday afternoon we went to a Nationals game in DC with some law school friends. I hadn't been to a baseball game before and neither had William so it was fun to catch a game before the playoffs start. The day ended up hotter than we expected, but thankfully there was a breeze most of the game. William was fabulously behaved until the ride home but it was to be expected since he was hungry and tired. Greg and I shared some amazing chili cheese fries from Ben's Chili Bowl. I'd say they lived up to all their hype. The chili was so flavorful and spicy! I'd love to find a copy cat recipe sometime. Nationals lost 9 to 10, but we were all happy the game wasn't pushed into overtime. It was a nice afternoon/evening out and now we can mark it off our DC Bucket List!






3 comments:

Emily Claire said...

No Way! Why is william so big?! MAKE HIM STOP GROWING! He looks so grown up in the picture where he's sitting on Greg's (?) lap. I definitely need to see that kid soon!

amanda said...

william is so cute! also, we loved the nationals game we went to (yum, a whole area that smells like beer!) and I regret that we did not ever try ben's chili bowl.

Melanie said...

You are so adorable! Love the family picture at the ballgame. Glad you had a good time. If you find that Chili recipe you will have to share.