Saturday, September 15

International Spy Museum

Today Greg, William and I ventured into DC for the first time in months. We're horrible at taking advantage of all the attractions DC has to offer except when we have visitors in town who want to do touristy things. We had a Groupon for the International Spy Museum that we needed to use and the weather was perfect so we decided to hit the town. 


The museum was really cool. Would I pay $20/person to go? Probably not. But with Groupon we got in for $10 total so it was totally worth it! There were some really neat interactive exhibits and their collection of spy gear was really fun to explore. It's probably my favorite museum to date. 


After the museum we walked a couple blocks to try a new restaurant. It's called Merzi and it's basically the Indian food equivalent to Chipolte. We had tandoori chicken, lamb, naan, and vegetables with a creamy masala sauce. It was soooo good. The meat was melt in your mouth tender and the masala was a perfect balance between flavorful and spicy. Besides being extremely tasty I think that it's pretty authentic considering we were some of the few white people in the restaurant. I'm hoping they'll open a location in Virginia!



After lunch we stopped by FroZen Yo on our way back to the metro and shared some cheesecake and blueberry frozen yogurt. It was overpriced, but a tasty treat to end the outing. 

 The weather could not have been more perfect. The city wasn't crowded with tourists. Lunch was delicious. William was a happy guy the whole time and I got to spend the day with Greg, unhampered by work/school commitments. I'd say it was a pretty fabulous day.

4 comments:

amanda said...

So fun! I wish we had gone to that museum but I figured we had to save a few things for the future. Also, that food sounds sooo good!!! And William is such a cutie.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love how smiley William is. Can't wait to see him and you guys in a couple months!

Melanie said...

A date with your boys! Nothing is better than taking some time and just enjoying being together...that good food and a cool museum was also in the mix was just the frosting on the cake!

Emily Claire said...

Fact:
William is without contest the cutest thing on the planet.
Seriously.
I CAN"T WAIT to see him!

Can't Wait!