Well believe it or not I've finally reached 100 posts!
Over three years ago I started this blog during the second semester of freshman year at BYU. Some of my roomies had blogs and they convinced me to start this one up. I'm glad I did! It's been an excellent venue for sharing exciting news, showing and telling about projects and recipes, venting frustrations and most importantly keeping up with family and friends. To celebrate this momentous occasion I'm going to share a delicious recipe that I tried out last night.
I spent 1/2 hour or so trying to get our shower clean last night after work. A dirty shower drives me crazy and it's been getting nasty thanks to east coast moisture, poor design and lots of deteriorating grout lines. When I was done scrubbing and inhaling all those chemicals I needed a treat. Well I didn't really need one, but I sure wanted one. So I got onto Mel's Kitchen Cafe, since her recipes are always superb, and found these Oatmeal Coconut Chewies. I quartered the recipe, mixed it all together and in no time we had cookies. They were delicious. I love coconut and oats, so this was the perfect cookie for me. They went down far too easily and before I knew it Greg and I had eaten 3/4 of them. Oops! I also may have had one of the few leftover cookies with my breakfast this morning.....
Oatmeal Coconut Chewies
From Mel's Kitchen Cafe
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 egg
1 c butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 c flour (you can use white wheat flour)
1 c shredded, sweetened coconut
1 c quick oats (I use old fashioned and they worked great too)
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl cream sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or lined (I used my silpat) baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until set and slightly browned. Lengthen cooking time by a minute or two for a crispier cookie.
2 comments:
woot woot! congrats! mel has great recipes and we eat cookies all the time. for any meal :)
One correction:
A) I didn't eat 3/4. I ate only 2/3.
Post a Comment