Sunday, February 6

Made it and Love it!

Yesterday for the first time in months (well except over Christmas break) I had a free Saturday. No work, no commitments, nothing that I had to do. I slept in, I stayed in my PJs till 11am and I did pretty much whatever I felt like doing. It was amazing. I've forgotten what it was like to have lots of time to spend as you wish.

With all this free time I decided to get started on my dress project for my nieces. I got Lucy's done and sometime this coming week I'll put together Amelia's. Greg, bless his heart, went to the fabric store with me and helped me choose fabric for the dresses. He may or may not have been the only man in the store yesterday morning. I probably spent too much on the fabric, but they were both so cute I couldn't pass them up for a 3.99/yd plain print. I'm really happy with how the first dress turned out. The hardest part was getting the pleats just right, but the rest of it was pretty simple. I even learned how to sew a french seam, which makes me feel very fancy. 

So what do you think? 


6 comments:

amanda said...

SO cute! I'm so impressed!!! Poor greg :) Dave has had to do that on occasion and he hates it :)

Brad Skidmore said...

Very impressive Kristen!

Melanie said...

Cute stuff! The girls will look adorable in them =)

Jet said...

so cute! they turned out great!!

Katya said...

so cute! love it!!

Emily Claire said...

You're AMAZING! So domestic!