I've been cooking up a storm for the past few hours and so I wanted to share one of the cooking success of the day. I saw this recipe a week or so ago and forgot to bookmark it but thanks to a quick history search it made it to the dinner table tonight. I would give this recipe two thumbs up. It was quick, easy, cheap and very tasty. I made a few changes based on what I had on hand, but for the most part I just followed the recipe. Maybe it's because it's fast Sunday, but it tasted so good. Greg and I both loved it.
Jambalaya
from Paula Deen
Serves 4 to 6
Jambalaya Mix (recipe below)
2 1/2 c water
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 lb kielbasa sausage, sliced
1/2 lb medium, fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (didn't use)
In dutch oven (or large saucepan), combine mix, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sausage. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
Jambalaya Mix
1 c long-grain rice
3 TBSP dried minced onion (I just used 1/2 small fresh onion)
1 TBSP beef bouillon granules
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste, I used a little less)
1/4 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
In a small bowl, combine rice, onion, parsley, beef bouillon, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and bay leaf. Store in air-tight container until used.
No comments:
Post a Comment