I can't resist going all out for these types of things. Cooking is something that I can do well and that I enjoy. It's my sport. Cooking for just the two of us isn't that fun, so I jump at any chance I get to cook for other people.
Here was the line up from last night....
-Homemade Apple Cider (apple juice + spices + crockpot + time = delicious)
-Cream Cheese filled Pumpkin Muffins with Strussel Topping (Thank you Annie's Eats)
-Vegetable dip with carrots and celery (Just to make it kind of healthy)
-Hot spinach and artichoke dip (Yum! Thank you Alton Brown) with homemade bread for dipping (Thank you My Kitchen Cafe)
-Popcorn from a bag (Thank you Costco coupon)
I think my favorite was the Spinach and Artichoke dip and homemade bread, but the muffins were pretty tasty as well. Greg loved the cider, so I guess now that it's fall/winter we'll have to make that one more often.
This is the second and biggest group that we've hosted here in Virginia and I think it went pretty well. Our apartment is great for entertaining (except for the lack of seating) and our dishwasher makes clean up 100x easier. We've got a really good group of young couples in the ward so everyone seems to fit right together. It's fun to be social and recreate that BYU Married Student Ward feeling of common experiences/stages/goals that we sometimes miss in our "real" ward. Hopefully we can do it again soon!
4 comments:
delicious! sounds amazing! that spinach dip sounds great. we had a fall party as well; I wanted to try apple cider but it seemed too hard. maybe you can post your recipe? love you!
Sorry that we made you a Halloween disfunctionally person, but your food sounds fabulous anyway!
I'm glad that you partied a bit with other youngies... You guys work hard and need some fun.
As far as seating, you are all young and can sit on the floor =)
Love you bunches,
Mom
Is that a great fall table cloth or what? Makes all that food look extra yummy!
oh my goodness, kbob you never cease to amaze me. sounds like so much fun! i would love love love to try out that apple cider!
Post a Comment