Sunday, September 5

Amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

So tonight in an effort to branch out, make friends and create some sort of a social life we invited two couples over to play games. To go along with playing games, for dessert I decided to try out a new recipe. I saw these on The Sisters Cafe, one of my favorite food blogs, and they looked like they were worth a try. I am sure glad I tried them! They are amazing. Really. They're moist and chocolately, then the frosting is creamy and just delicious. So give them a try sometime when you need a yummy and quick dessert!

Chocolate Cupcakes
1 devils food cake mix
1 4-serving chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
1 c sour cream
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c warm water
1 c chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together then stir in the chocolate chips last. Fill lined cupcake tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. When cool, frost with Peanut Butter Frosting below.

Peanut Butter Frosting
1 1/4 c powdered sugar
1 c creamy peanut butter
5 TBSP butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c milk

Beat ingredients together until smooth.

(Note-The recipe suggested keeping the frosted cupcakes refrigerated until consumption.)

No comments: