Saturday, September 25

Oatmeal Pancakes

Maybe sometime this weekend I'll actually post something about my life but for now I just have another recipe to share!

I didn't take a really delicious and tempting looking picture of these pancakes but I promise they're worth a try. I've made them twice in the last week and would make them again. Greg liked them too, so I'm pretty sure it's not just me. Next time you want some pancakes give these a try!

Oatmeal Pancakes
from Sisters Cafe

1 c quick oats
1/4 c flour
1 1/2 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 c buttermilk (or 1 1/4 c milk + 1 TBSP lemon juice and let it sit for 5 minutes)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/8 c butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and let sit 20-30 minutes. Spoon onto griddle and cook slowly on griddle set to 300-325.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Made them...loved them...even your dad loved them! And he doesn't like pancakes =)

Great recipe with wonderful flavor and texture. Not just fluff!