Sunday, August 29

I'm Grateful for....



and



These two modern marvels have given me the ability to keep in contact with family even though we live in a basement with no cell reception or land line that is 2500+ miles away from family.

Skype is great. I didn't realized how good it is just to see someone's face when you talk to them. I can chat face to face with my parents and younger siblings in WA, with Rachel and Emily in UT, James, Mandy and their cute girls in ID, Greg's parents and brother in NM and Brad, Jet and their little guy (soon to be guys) in NM as well. Greg and I can see our nieces and nephews grow, our younger siblings change and the familiar faces of our parents. All for free and from the comfort of our apartment.

While Skype is awesome, sometimes the person I need to talk to isn't at their computer and it's just too hot to stand outside to call from my cell. Enter Google Voice. It's my newest found love. You can place free calls to any phone number (cell and land lines) for FREE. This means that I can still communicate with the real world even if I'm inside our apartment and they're not at their computer for Skype. Did I mentioned that this is completely free and accessed through your gmail account?

So today I'm thankful for free technology.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I like it too! Seeing your pretty face =)

I have to admit that when I was a little girl - like 7/8ish - I remember thinking that some day you would be able to call people and see them while you talked with them. Crazy! I also remember worrying that what if you were in your pj's or looked yucky that the other person would see you. All my dreams and worries have come true! I can see beautiful you and you can see...well, me.

Love being able to talk with you!