Sunday, August 22

Spiced Carrot Muffins

Last night I was surfing food blogs like I often do and saw this recipe. It looked yummy, easy and at least somewhat healthy so Greg and I decided to go for it. They little babies whipped up fast and tasted yummy.

Greg and I don't often cook together (maybe because our last kitchen was to small to comfortably fit two people), but last night we decided to tackle theses muffins together. While Greg assembled the dry ingredients and I did the wet, then we mixed it all together, loaded them in the mini muffin pan and popped them in the oven. When they came out they were surprisingly bland so I asked Greg if he had put in the pumpkin pie spice and he said he had thought it was on my half of the ingredient list and I had thought it was on his. So they didn't even have the spice in them and they were still yummy! I think we will however try them again, next time with the pumpkin pie spice.

Spiced Carrot Muffins
from Mommy's Kitchen

1 3/4 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 c plain yogurt (we only had vanilla flavored so we used it, cut the sugars to 1/4 c each and left out the vanilla extract)
4 TBSP melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/4 c milk
2 c peeled and grated carrots
1/2 c raisins (delicious, but optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Line or use non-stick spray on your muffin tin.

Combine flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. In another bowl combine yogurt, butter, vanilla, egg and milk.

Make well in center of dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Mix until just combined then fold in shredded carrots and raisins.

Spoon into muffin tins and pop in the oven for 20 minutes for regular muffins and 12-15 for minutes for mini muffins.

No comments: