I'm meeting Greg's parents tonight. I'm kind of freaking out a little bit. I know he met my sister and is coming to Washington in like a month to meet my family, but for some reason that doesn't scare me. It sounds like his parents are taking just he and I out to dinner. Then tomorrow night there is dinner with the entire family. Then Friday is mission reunion. Then Saturday is maybe a conference session with the women Skimores (his mom, sister and sister-in-law). Oh and I have 2 presentations, a test, part of a paper, an entire paper, a movie to watch and hey I'd like to sleep as well. I guess the later of those will have to be sacrificed.
Why is communicating feelings so hard? I just have the hardest time telling Greg how I feel. I know that I need to talk to him, because is saying nothing I leave him to assume that everything is peachy and progressing at whatever speed he thinks it is progressing at. I just don't know how to say what I feel. I really don't want to hurt him or upset him. We just need to communicate. Easier said than done.
While I'm blogging I may as well rant a little bit. I hate my bank. They keeping screwing up on my check orders. First I went in there to order some new checks and they said I was eligible for free checks, great, so I ordered those. They were supposed to be sent to my apartment, were they? No. They were sent to Washington. So that wasnt a huge problem, I just had my sister bring them with her. Then I opened my checks and they had my mom's name on them. Also I looked at my account that day and they had charged me $20 for free checks. How does that work? If I was going to pay $20 for checks I would have ordered cute ones instead of ugly WaMu checks. So I go into the bank to talk to them about it and they tell me their sorry about the charge and they remove it. Then I asked them about the mailing address and the name on the checks. They didn't really have an answer but they said they'd order new ones for me. Then I asked it I could just pick them up locally instead of trusting them to mail them again. They said sure and I asked if they could call me on my cell phone number rather than the Washington home phone number listed on my account. They took my number and said sure. So yesterday I talked to my family and they said that WaMu had called for me probably to tell me my checks are in. So I get to go pick them up at the bank. I'm just hoping that they have the right name on them and I should probably check my account to make suer that they didnt' charge me for my free checks again. Grr. Just one more thing I didn't need.
Oh! While I'm ranting.... I hate being a grown up. We got our utility bill yesterday after not getting one for about 2 months and they show a $50+ past due balance on our account. They don't say what it is for and why in the crap it is for more than $50. Even if something happened to our last bill and we didn't pay last months utilities, there is no way it was $50 for February. We have been averaging about $20-30 every month. So I called Provo Utilities to get more information. Easier said then done. They wouldn't allow me access to the accound because my name isn't on the Utilities. Unfortunately the gal who has the utility in her name is married and gone. She moved out like a year and a half ago. So the utilities people wouldn't tell me anything about the account. Nothing. So I guess we'll have to switch the utilities to someone else's name. But the problem with that is nobody wants it under their name. I don't really want my credit attached to this apartments utilities. I guess I can just make sure that I take myself off, but there is a deposit you have to put down and a fee you have to pay to switch it over. I don't want to deal with it. But nobody else will. So I'll do it. When I have some time. Grr.
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
2 comments:
Meh! Kbob, I'm sorry for your bank and utility problems. That's so annoying. And...I know how you feel with the whole Greg thing...we ought to talk chica. :)
When I lived there, I had to switch it to my name. You get the deposit back, and make everyone split the 20 dollar deposit fee. AND you ought to put it in someone's name that lives there because when that girls decides she wants her deposit back, you ahve no power and it's a pain (trust me). So...I know it sucks hounding people for money, but it's gotta be done.
So he's kissed you, yes?? I want a story! And...I'm sorry that communicating is so hard. I know how that feels. And your bank sounds RETARDED! I'm sorry!! Love you!
Post a Comment