I'm a slacker blogger. I know it. I don't deny it. I'm sure you'll all forgive me.
Here are some pictures of the ring and the proposal story!
Isn't it pretty!? I love it. We went and looked at rings together, but I just couldn't decide so I told him to suprise me. I'm so glad I made him pick it! It's gorgeous and so sparkly!
So here is the proposal story...
It was a lovely Friday afternoon and I came home from work and asked Greg if he wanted to go on a picinic. He said sure, but he wanted to choose the park. I said ok and we made some sandwiches and left. When I got to the car there was a red rose on my seat.
The when we got to the park we suggested we just leave our stuff in the car and go scout out a place to picinic since we'd never been to this park before. So we walked towards the bridge that went over the Provo river and there on the railing were red roses. There were four of them on the railing and they all said things like "Kristen is...." then filled in with things he loves about me.
The last rose looked like it had fallen on the ground so he knelt down to pick it up and ask me if I would marry him. I said yes and this little family that was crossing the bridge cheered. He pulled out the ring and showed it to me, but wouldn't take it out of the box until we were off the bridge. He said he had nightmares about it falling through the cracks in the bridge.
Then we got to the other side of the bridge and there was a picinic set up with a bagette, that yummy French cream cheese stuff, strawberries and Peanut M&Ms. So he gave me the ring and we hugged and kissed lots then finally sat down and had a nice picnic.
That's the story! :-)
Anyway, I'm engaged! Woot! Now onto all the decisions on colors, flowers, cakes, receptions, decor, dresses, veils, shoes, makeup, hair, tuxes, center pieces, invites, outfits, and that is just the beginning (I'm sure Amanda knows what I mean).
Well there is my lame blog. I'll try to do better, but as always, no promises. Thank you for all being excited for me. I'm so lucky to have such great friends. :-)
2 comments:
you can do it! holy crap I lOOOOVe the ring! It's gorgeous! Let me know if I can offer advice or tips or help....I'd love to. I like weddings :)
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY Kbob!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :D
Post a Comment