Tuesday, October 21

Brain Dump

You know those writing exercises where they have you write out everything that you can think of in hopes that something usefully and relevant will come out of it? Well this is my own kind of brain dump.

I don't like accounting. Actually I HATE accounting. The day I finish that final will be the happiest day of my life (well minus the part where I see my score). I don't understand why someone would want to do this for the rest of their life. If Accounting 210 is just the beginning can you imagine how deranged those accounting majors are? How about the master students? I mean come one why would you inflict this kind of pain on yourself? Perhaps they understand it. Perhaps accumulated depreciation, premium on bonds, interest payable and revenue recognition really does it for them. It doesn't do it for me.

Having a credit card gives you such a false sense of wealth. I always kind of thought I was immune to that. I figured I was a fairly level headed and practical person so it wouldn't really be a problem. Wrong. My credit card bills have been crazy! Now I don't mean I've racked up thousands of dollars on my credit card, but I'm spending way more than I need to. Call it stress spending or retail therapy, whatever it is it's going to stop. No more Walmart. No more impulse buys. I'm putting myself on a cash budget and I'm sticking to it.

My roommate Suzanne is gone until Sunday. My room is so quite and lonely. It's funny how attached you get to the people you live with. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 4 days....

I cannot wait until Thanksgiving! I can't wait to hop in my Jeep and drive home! It is going to be such a great road trip! I am so excited to spend time with Rachel and be with my family during the holiday.

It's nearly November and I can't believe it. How has time flown by so fast? What have I been doing for 2 months? Sometimes it feels like I'm not accomplishing anything. I go to class, I do my homework, but what I am really getting from all this? It's hard seeing this all in perspective.

I get to cook for my dinner group tomorrow night and I'm so excited! I love cooking for people! I'm making Sweet and Sour Kielbasa with rice and broccoli and banana bread muffins for dessert. I wish I got to cook more often, once every three weeks is just not enough.

Well my homework is calling. I have a cover letter to write, an Excel project to finish, an accounting preparation assignment to do, a resume to finish up and hey I should probably study for that big Isys midterm that is this week.

1 comment:

Katya said...

Kristen! How you feel about accounting is exactly how I feel about physics. I cannot wait to be done with it. But I won't be for 3 more semesters (counting this one). It'll be a miracle if I survive. That's so fun that you get to road trip it home for Thanksgiving! Drive safe! :)