Sunday, September 7

One week down, how many to go? I can't help but feel extremely overwhelmed at the beginning of each new semester. The tasks ahead seem to great and they all just seem to spell failure. I'm trying hard not to be such a pessimist, but it just comes all to naturally to me I guess. Something else to add to my ever growing list of character flaws...

With the new ward, roommates, classes and apartment I'm starting to miss last year. I miss our dinky little Bowen 11 where you could walk out the door and not be seen by dozens. I miss our Snow hall guy friends and just being able to go over and hang out. I miss my classes with people my age. I miss the dynamic of my roommates last year and the fun we had. I miss not having hoards of people dating in my ward. I'll adjust, I'll find new friends, I'll meet new people and hey I may even talk to the old people in my classes.

Well I got a job this week. I will be working 12 hours a week as a personal assistant. I get to help a nice lady with grocery shopping, housework and whatever else she needs help with. I think it will be good. I will get out of Provo (all the way to Orem!) a couple times a week and have a reason not to be studying. The extra money will be good, take some of the stress off and give me some "fun" money.

Something funny from this week.....I had to do a resume for one of my classes and so I emailed it to my parents to get their opinions and this is what they sent back in the first section where you put the Goals/Objectives:
"I want to learn stuff so I can get a man and abuse him till he submits to my rule and magnificence. Once subdued, he can “make me food!!!!!” Until then, I will grow and build my empire brick by brick thus securing my indifference to the needs of any man except the one who earns my heart and takes me to the Temple. Then, as he earns my trust, I will promote him to more than a galley slave and we will live as a model LDS family. And I want a lot of money to take good care of my parents in their old age!"
I got a good laugh out of it, I hope you do to. :-)

2 comments:

Katya said...

hahahahaa Kristen I am sitting in my bedroom laughing out loud like a complete idiot. I can't believe how precisely you have stated my goals in life. hehehe We need to play chiniqua! I need to talk to you :)

amanda said...

I miss our Bowen 11 times too ;)