I love words. I think using good words and expressing yourselves eloquently is such a talent. I think that this love of good words comes from my dad. He always uses such good words, whether he is shouting insults at the driver to cut him off, describing politicians, or writing an email expressing outrage. Mostly his eloquence comes on with furry, but I think that there is real power to the words we use and the way in which we express ourselves in everyday life.
Here are some fun words I wish were more prevalent in my vocabulary;
solipsistic
myriad
alacrity
conundrum
tantamount
egregious
insipid
savant
abhor
plethora
ramifications
stoic
moribund
ebb
infinitesimal
epitome
asinine
osculate (hehe)
culpable
ubiquitous
audacious
discombobulate
eschew
attrition
egregious
cacophony
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
3 comments:
Nice word list! I definitely wish my vocabulary was more extensive as well...my latest favorite word that I really have to stretch to use in every day conversation is macabre. Hehe, it's so fun to say.
You wrote egregious twice. And I wish I knew what more than five of those words meant. :)
Yup I did....I must like that word twice as much as the others, or I forgot I had already added and added it again. One of the two. Take your pick. :-)
Post a Comment