Friday, June 6

What kind of tag are we playing?

So I've been tagged, but I quickly realized that I don't really have anyone to tag back...my blog community just isn't that big. Thus this post will be a both a response to the tag and some...

Where were you 10 years ago: Let see 10 years...that would put me back in third grade where I was in Miss Westcotts class. Lets see that year Andrew was born, finally another brother after all those sisters. That was a tough year at school. I was in a different class than all my friends (again) and so I had to make all new friends. I became friends with Lindsey Rath and Shera Shupert. I was awarded by my teacher the most likely to become a teacher award and was on a student council where we promised to make a difference at our school. We were going to get a soda machine. To this day there is no soda machine at the elementary school.

Five things (that were) on my to-do list today ("today" was last Friday when I started this blog):
1. Wake up at 5am. Done.
2. Go to work, open the shop, unlock the doors, turn on the open light, unforward the phones, log the orders, enter the orders that came in over night, check the wall for problem orders, and start finding shops for out wire orders. Done.
3. Don't mess up any orders. Attempted and failed.
4. Help set up for the piano recital and listen to a people who play like I used to be able to....
5. Do something fun! I've been working all week and after I go to the piano recital I want to do something fun. Maybe get together with someone or even watch a movie sounds nice.

Five snacks I enjoy (in particular order):
1. Tortilla chips and salsa
2. Brownies, cookies and ice cream...all things evil
3. Snap peas...fresh and sweet from the garden
4. Toast...yes Suzy you completely converted me
5. Very crunchy apples

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
I would buy a beautiful car for me (I didn't even have to become a billionaire and I still got a beautiful car!!!), a new set of cars for the family and then just invest and save the rest. Ok I'd also go on a crazy huge shopping spree.

Four of my bad habits:
1. Being judgemental of others.
2. Not pushing myself to step out of my comfort zone.
3. Not having enough self control
4. Being selfish and not trying hard enough to look outside myself

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Babysitter
2. Tutor
3. Piano Teacher
4. Housesitter
5. Florist order taker? Apparently my official title is owners assistant....whatever that means. I'm pretty sure it means whipping girl, schedule jumper, delivery driver, complaint handler, order taker, phone answerer and occasionally after hour flower arranger.

Five things people don't know about me:
1. I was born with my nose squished on my cheek
2. I'm scared of roller coasters and I have to hold on and keep my eyes closed
3. I change my pillow case compulsively
4. I love sappy books and movies and yes I dream of having a prince charming of sorts coming and sweeping me off my feet....yes pathetic I know
5. I enjoy cleaning, last Saturday I scrubbed my bathroom floor and felt so satisfied when it was done

Guess what! I bought a car! Well technically my parents bought the car, but come next pay check I will have paid them back and then we can get my name on the title!! It may have a huge dent in the passenger side, but it is nearly perfect besides that. You kind of have to slam the two doors on the passenger side, but it is just so cute! It does have a CD player which I love! I can't believe that I will have bought my very first car! I was so excited last night that I couldn't sleep! I just kept thinking of all the things I wanted to do for my car. I was just picturing myself driving to Utah, taking exciting trips to Walmart and driving up to Nephi to my Aunts. I'M JUST SO EXCITED!
So here is my list of things to get for my car to make it truly mine...
1. Air freshener
2. Front turn signal light bulb
3. Chapstick to leave in my car always
4. First aid kit
5. Water and snacks
6. Blanket
7. Tow straps, road flares and jumper cables
8. Extra hair bands and bobby pins, just in case
9. Garbage bag/bin
10. Something cute to hang from the rear view mirror
11. A BYU car sticker to go on the window

My new baby. Isn't it beautiful!

4 comments:

Katya said...

Kristen you got a car!!! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Now you can go grocery shopping and such when you come back to beautiful Provo! haha :)

Suzy said...

YOU GOT A CAR!!!!!!! HOOOOOORAY!!!!!!

ps what did you tutor? oh, and any time you feel like it, you can scrub the bathroom floor. fine by me :) (and it's down, not up, to Nephi)

Anonymous said...

Lets see I tutored math, english, spelling and just some general prep for standardized tests.
Thank you for correcting my geography, quite obviously I didn't not tutor in that subject. :-)

Suzy said...

K-bob, I'm ready for you to post again.