Sunday, June 29

Quick before he catches you!

My 60+ year old neighbor has taken to hitting on me. It is quite disturbing, but I'll admit somewhat amusing at times. I'm sure you'll see what I mean...

His deck and back yard look directly in on our back yard. Whenever I walk through our back yard between my house and apartment and he always seems to catch me. We used to have a big tree that provided us with some privacy, but an ice storm a few years back took the cherry tree and insured that we were never again safe to walk through the back yard. My sister and I always joke about running through the back yard as to avoid him. Unfortunately he seems to be always watching.

When I was still in high school he once told me that if I wanted to "catch a man" then I would have to put out the "right bait". He is a fisherman, so I guess the analogy is fitting. He nearly went into a full on bird and bees talk, but luckily he said that would let my parents discuss that with me. THANK GOODNESS!

One time I was in the kitchen doing dishes or something and he saw me through the window. Then once I was seen, there was no escaping. He whistled for me. Yes, he whistled for me, like he whistles for his dog. Aren't I a lucky gal?

When I came back from school he told me that I had really grown up. That I looked really good and must have lost some weight. Gee thanks. Then followed the regular interrogation on if I was dating anyone and what I was doing for work/school. I just love answering to a 60+ year old man about my love life (or lack there of).

A couple weeks ago he told me that if he were 20 years younger he would ask me out on a date. His wife chimed in that it would be more like 40 years. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Then last week He asked me if I wanted to go on a walk with he and his dog. No, really I don't want to, but thanks. Why would I subject myself to that willingly?

Sunday's are especially dangerous for some reason. He always seems to catch me walking across the yard when I'm mostly ready for church. Then he asked me where I'm going, tells me that I look nice and then I stand there awkwardly waiting for a pause in the conversation where I can simply make an excuse and make my get away.

Well I'm glad that I've got at least one man in my life. :-)

4 comments:

Suzy said...

K-bob we have GOT to get you back to Utah before something awful happens! Oh my galoshes you stay FAR away from that creepy old man! SHEESH already

Katya said...

sketcho!!! Yes, get back to Provo soon. :P For more than one reason....:)

amanda said...

He's married?! Weird! I mean it's one thing and quite understandable (you are a babe, after all) if he was old and single but married? Whoo! Heartbreaker you! Ha ha! Come to Provo! I miss you!!

And really, that's kind of odd. I'm sorry.

Jody Lynn said...

Goodness Kristen! That is odd. I'm so sorry.