Stacey-The first to go. She was there my first week and a half, then not. I'm not really sure if this was a fire or quit because she was with the temp agency and not sure she wanted to stay.
Bruce- Aparrently he had already been hired, fired and rehired in the past year, but this time he was fired about 3 weeks after I started working there. I guess he came into work drunk and some of my co-workers were under the impression that he was doing hard core drugs in his car.
Cynthia (a designer)- One day she went to work up at my owners house and when she came back seemed very angry. She quit that day and shortly after the shop was broken into and the cash box stolen. She also was suspected of hard core drug use.
Emily- Emily was there when I started working there. She was the early morning person. She was really nice, but hated it there. She had been applying for a new job for quite awhile, and the day she got a new job, she left. She didn't call the owner, she just turned in her keys and left.
"Big Greg"- This guy creeped me out from the start. He was oldish and pierced and really really tall. He just towered over me when I was explaining things to him. He started to see how things were run around the shop and didn't like it. He started asking about the high turn around of employees and shortly after spoke with the owner and left. I was very ok with that.
Janae- Janae was a fun girl. She was kind of a ditz and sometimes did stupid things, but she was fun to work with. She picked up a nanny job for the summer and was out of there.
Greg- I was sad to see Greg go. He was a nice guy, hired about the same time I was. He was a fun guy to work with, but he hated it. He started showing up late and one day he didn't show or call on a day that my owner was in. She called him and he was off the schedule.James- One of the drivers. He was always about 45 minutes late, which was a big problem when we had orders that had to be out to Seattle by 3pm and he didn't get in until 2:45p. A couple of days he called and just canceled on us. That did not sit well with the owners. I belive there was a very angry phone call and then no more James.
Eyrnne-This one honestly I was ok with. She was very strange and seemed incredibly flustered if you asked her to do more than one things at a time. In her first week, she lied to the owner about something she said I didn't do. Yeah that was not cool.
"The Rhonda"- As my coworker Marty called her "The Rhonda" was a sweet lady who had been a stay at home mom for the past 10 years. She had a tough time with the computers and it was just too much for her. I guess the owner came in and found things in complete disarray and Rhonda completely overwhelmed. She was off the schedule the next day.
Scott- I just met him once. He came in and kind of observed what we do and got the run down then started working. He was working up at my owner's other shop in Redmond, but then big shocker, he just disappeared off the schedule one day...
Jesenia- This one was scared away in just one 6 hour shift. She came in to see what it would be like and got a little too much of a view I guess because she didn't show up this morning for the shift she was scheduled for. She eyed the employee list and saw a plethora of employees marked off, that kind of frightened her, rightfully so.
Robert- Another hire-fire-hire-quit-hire-fire-hire situation. He used to work in the shop, but came in as a driver for a couple of days. He then just left a message bailing out on his schedule. But then magically he called back today and said that he'd like to work again. I think that he's in it for the money and not willing to put up with any crap from the owners just because he knows how things go with them.
Kat- The verdict is still out on this one. She came in and interviewed and got a preview of what we do, but I'm not sure if she decided to stick around. I guess we'll have to wait and see....
Well thats all of them that I can remember right now. There may be more that I didn't meet, the ones that didn't even make it through the interview process, and I'm sure there will be more by the time I go back to school in 5 weeks....
2 comments:
Woah! That's crazy. Though I know how you feel. At Supersonic the turnover was HUGE. Way to stick it out :)
oh my gaLOSHes! SHEESH. that is insane. and employers around here say "longevity preferred" and I felt guilty not telling them I'm pretty sure I'd quit come fall. apparently according to WA standards, that IS longevity...
Post a Comment