I just have some random thoughts for tonight.....
1. Singles wards are very strange. I went today and I hated it. I hated the way I didn't know anyone. I hated the way I felt all alone even thought there were people all around me. My old Mia Maid teacher was there. Weird. I don't want to start over again. I hate being outside of my comfort zone, and that is where I was today. I don't want home teachers. I can just picture it all, two incredibly awkward 26+ guys coming over to my apartment and sitting down in the old people rockers that occupy my living room and me sitting stiffly in the kitchen chair while they both stare me down and give me a lesson on the importance of marriage. I really just don't want to go there. But they got my name and number....so I'm stuck.
2. Someone Brother from my home ward told my dad today that I had really "blossomed". I guess I was some ugly duckling prior to going to college. It reminds me of the movie First Daughter where some old lady tells the first daughter that she is so glad that she came out of her awkward years and that her bosoms came in nicely. I'm fairly sure that whoever made that comment to my dad didn't say anything about my bosoms.
3. I made cheesecake souffle today. It didn't turn out. I was so excited to try out a new recipe but I think I really screwed it up. It was the strangest texture ever and tasted kind of funny. The worst part was it took like an hour of prep then another hour of cooking. So much for domesticity. I give up.
4. I don't have to work tomorrow. This makes me really happy. I do not once have to pick up a phone and say with a cheery voice "Thank you for calling Cascade Florists, this is Kristen, how can I help you?". I don't hate working, but it is just kind of stressful. I always feel like I'm going to mess up and cause some giant calamity. Now I just have to find something to do tomorrow....maybe I'll paint the bathroom....or finish painting the living room....or sleep all day....
5. I really need to find a car. I have been driving around the big 12 passenger diesel van and while it's not bad to drive it is just huge. And I don't even want to think about how much it is going to cost to fill it up...I just want a cute little piece of junk that gets me from point a to point b with decent gas mileage. And also I'd like to be able to fit in a normal sized parking slot.
Well I think that is plenty of rambling on for one night....
my weekend in google searches
1 year ago
3 comments:
Singles wards can be really strange, but give it some time. I'm really enjoying mine. But I feel your awkwardness when it comes to home teachers. I always didn't like them coming over either. Hahaha. I love you Kristen!
Ah, kbob, I'm sorry your singles ward is awkward! And also sorry that your job is sometimes stressful...when I worked at Macy's it was very stressful. I had dreams where I'd be putting away clothes, trying to remember where everything went..ahh..anyway, guess what. I got a Better Homes and Gardens magazine in the mail today and I wish you were here to look at it with me! I miss you!
hey k-bob! I tagged you! (only if you want, though, and if you aren't too busy making 150 buck flower arrangements and wooing all the boys!!) check it out at my blog
Post a Comment