Sunday, June 8

William's Play Kitchen

Before: 

After!










Perhaps William might have been happier with a mini basketball hoop for his birthday, but I couldn't resist taking on this project instead. Not only did I desperately need a project to help my sanity, it was so fun to work with my family to finish it. My dad (who knows all and has nearly every tool imaginable) altered the nightstand to make it fit our needs, my sister helped me paint it and my mom helped search the thrift store for mini accessories. It was definitely a group effort. 

The best part? It cost nearly nothing, under $30. My parents had the nightstand, we mixed the paint colors from old paints we found in the garage, the faucet is from my parents old sink, and the sink, mini muffin tin, oven rack and loaf pan were thrift store finds. The Grandmas helped finished off the set with felt food and play dishes, I used scrap fabric to make the oven mitt and I found the little fry pan, pot and utensils at Big Lots. 

Overall, I deem it a success. It was fun to make and William likes playing with his new kitchen. I love that it encourages creative play and is a toy that our other kids can enjoy as well. So there you have it! 

And a little sneak peak at my current project. It's a little more extensive than a play kitchen...

3 comments:

amanda said...

So awesome!!! I'm super impressed. Can't wait to see what's next!

Stephanie said...

That is awesome! It turned out so well and will be a really fun toy for years to come. William looks like he is having a grand time!

K Puls said...

Wow, that looks fantastic!!!! What a fun project!