Sunday, May 25

Happenings

I feel like we went from one extreme to another. In Virginia we were hardly ever home. We were both working, Greg was in school most nights and weekends were filled with catching up on errands, school and housework. Things are quite different here. Neither of us are working and we're both home all the time. Basically everyday is Saturday at our house, except Sunday. At first we were both going kind of crazy (okay, I was going really crazy), but I feel like were settling in and starting to fill our days and new life. 

One of my favorite new things has been doing projects with my Dad. He has so much knowledge and so many fun tools. He and Greg built an awesome sandbox. We re-plumbed our laundry sink drain connection. We hung trim on all the doors and windows in our apartment. Dad helped me built a shelf/cookie sheet divider to fill an awkward empty space in our kitchen (I got to use a table saw!).  We turned a nightstand into an awesome play kitchen for William (details in a post to come!). And we made my mom a planter for mothers day. I love the satisfaction of creating something, or even better, taking something that was useless or ugly and making it functional and aesthetically pleasing. 

William is something else these days. He's so full of energy from the moment he wakes up until he finally goes to sleep at night. His language is really coming along, and it's fun to hear more of his thoughts. Like today, we were looking at the program in church and there was a picture of Jesus on the front. After pointing out the picture he told me that he wanted to brush Jesus' hair. I love it. He's exhausting but how boring our life would be without him! 

Earlier this month he was consistently climbing out of his crib so we transitioned him into a toddler bed. It's been mostly good, but I do miss the good ol' days of complete containment. We also have been potty training for the past couple weeks. He's doing well considering he's just turning 2 tomorrow, but we've still got some work to do. This last week was a particularly rough week for William's face. He took face dives 4 times this week. I'm not a neglectful parent, but you sure would think so looking at him.....yikes!


Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day!

1 comment:

amanda said...

Happy birthday William!! Two??? Crazy. And haha! His poor face. I feel the same sometimes. So glad for an update. I love hearing about all your projects! Glad you're settling in!