Last night we had a little Cinco de Mayo party with two couples from our ward. It was super authentic. We had tacos, layered dip with chips, Spanish rice, virgin sangria and tres leches cake. And we watched Three Amigos. That was surely the most authentic part of the evening. Maybe next year we'll get a pinata and a couple sombreros. Anyway, it was lots of fun, the food was amazing and the company was excellent. Overall, I deem the evening a success!
I'm a horrible party picture taker, so all you get is a picture of the cake. I made
Pioneer Woman's Tres Leches Cake and it was
AMAZING! I've been wanting to make it for ages it seems, but never had the right opportunity. Thank goodness for Cinco de Mayo! It was everything I dreamed up. Light spongy cake soaked in sweet milky goodness, topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Yum! Make it sometime and you won't regret it. I promise.
2 comments:
The party sounds like so much fun! Such a great idea! I love Tres Leches cake and have had that very recipe printed out for a long but have yet to make it! I must do it soon!
I think we had dominos pizza because we had been yard working all day...I wish I could have been at your house! Oh wait, I'll be there in just over a week! Yea! I bet the cake will be gone though, huh?
Post a Comment