Monday, December 19

It's a...

We finally went in for our ultrasound this past week and found out that we're having a.....



We had planned on not finding out the gender of our baby, but almost as soon as the wandy thing touched my belly there it was. There was no going back or denying that this baby is a boy. 
While I was kind of disappointed that we found out, especially so soon and unexpectedly, I think it's for the best. Greg almost had me convinced it was a girl, and I had begun acquiring far to many girl clothes. The girl pile was over shadowing the boy pile, so this little man thought he'd help me out and let us in on his secret. 
We're very excited to have this little boy join us in May!

If you like looking at ultrasounds, here are a couple 
of pics of our little man. 

Head and hand. 

Our semi-alien looking baby - skull, spine and body. 

And for my family who loves the fruit/veg comparison....this week our baby is a sweet potato. :-)

3 comments:

amanda said...

Yay!! That is so fun. And so funny! It took the tech like 20 minutes to find out what we were having. And that is cool you wanted to wait. We couldn't have! Next time. Oh, yay!!!

Anne Flade said...

I am impressed you even thought about keeping it a surprise. I don't like secrets :)

Congrats to you both!

Katya said...

Yay boy!!! (I don't know why my google reader doesn't automatically update when you post, so I just barely saw this.) That is so exciting! Any good name ideas yet? :)