Grandma Marie's Carrot Cake
(with a few minor alterations)
3 c flour
2 c sugar (I did closer to 1 3/4 c)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg (an add in I tried)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c vegetable oil
3/4 c applesauce
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 c grated carrots
1 c crushed pineapple, drained
1 c chopped nuts (optional)
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Add oil, applesauce and vanilla, beat well.
3. Add eggs one at a time, then add carrots, pineapple and nuts.
4. Pour into greased 9x13 and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Paula Dean 's Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkgs of cream cheese, softened
4 TBSP butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz powdered sugar
1. Cream butter and cream cheese.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Gradually add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
One word...calories...oops wrong word...YUM!
1 comment:
Is that how much there is left? Because if yes... I will come visit you tomorrow :)
Post a Comment